Spicy Green Curry - serves 4-6
INGREDIENTS -3 tbsp green curry paste (see pictures below for brand I used - NOTE: some curry pastes have fish contents in them, so make sure to read the ingredients carefully)
-2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
-tsp lemongrass paste
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1 block of extra firm tofu cut into 1-inch cubes (if you have the time, I recommend pressing and sautéing for greater flavour/texture)
-1 400 ml can of coconut milk
-1 small zucchini, cubed
-half of 1 yellow bell pepper, diced (or more, I'm just not a huge fan of bell peppers)
-two medium carrots, chopped
-2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
-2 cups cooked rice
1. In a frying pan, mix in the curry paste with the oil over medium-low heat.
2. Add in lemongrass paste and garlic powder.
3. Whisk in the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
4. Add in the veggies and tofu, put a lid over the pan, and let simmer over low heat for at least 15 minutes (the longer the better - more flavour).
5. About 5 minutes before serving, add in the fresh cilantro.
6. Serve over rice, share, or save for leftovers (curries taste great for days after preparation).
-Curries are such easy, quick, and delicious vegan meals.
-You can sub in/sub out any veggies you like - these were what I had in my fridge at the time of preparation. Consider using mushrooms, sprouts, red onion, lentils, etc.