Lemon Asparagus Pasta Toss (my star-sign is Asparagus)
-3 parts extra virgin olive oil; 1 part lemon juice (Quantities depend on how saucy you want your pasta to be - taste as you go. I believe I used just under 1 cup EVOO, 1/3 cup lemon juice)
-2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
-1/2 cup of fresh dill, sliced
-1 tbsp nutritional yeast
-salt and pepper to taste, or about 1/2 tsp each
-1-1+1/2 bunches of fresh asparagus
-1/2 cup of lemon juice
-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
-3/4-1 cup of cashews
-1/3 cup of white onion, chopped
-approx. 4 cups of cooked vegan pasta (most pastas are egg-free, but make sure to check!)
1. Wash asparagus and remove the woody ends by snapping them off.
2. Chop asparagus into bite-sized, or one-inch pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Roast in the oven at 350°, checking every 10ish minutes, until the stalks are soft and the tips are slightly crispy. Set aside.
3. Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Toast cashews in a dry pan on medium heat until golden-brown.
5. Toss all ingredients with the cooked pasta in a large bowl (onions, cashews, asparagus). Drizzle with dressing and mix well (OPTIONAL: toss pasta with dressing in a warm pan). Serve warm (serves 4-6).