Broccoli-Lime Pad Thai
-1 block of firm tofu, drained and pressed
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-2 tsp hoisin sauce
-1/2 tbsp powdered veggie stock
-2+1/2 cups of broccoli, chopped into small florets
-1 package of flat rice noodles
-1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-3 tsp unsweetened peanut butter
-juice of 1 lime
-1 can of coconut milk
-dash of tumeric (for colour)
-chopped peanuts and cilantro (for garnish)
1. Chop tofu into 1-inch cubes. Toss with soy sauce and hoisin sauce and let sit in fridge overnight/few hours to marinate (if time permits - not necessary but adds more flavour).
2. Spread tofu on baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack at 425 for 20 minutes, flipping half-way.
3. Whisk veggie stock with a bit of hot water in a small bowl to dissolve. Mix in peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and chilli flakes.
4. Meanwhile, start to heat up coconut milk in a saucepan. Whisk in veggie stock mixture and a dash of tumeric.
5. Add noodles to saucepan - I added enough to fill the pot whilst remaining submerged in the liquid (just over half a 400g package). Bring to a boil.
6. As noodles begin to soften, add broccoli to the saucepan as well. Simmer at a low heat with a lid on the pan.
7. Transfer to a bowl, garnish with cilantro and peanuts, and enjoy this serious delight of a noodle dish.